The 2021 Etno-Espa concert series has been organised with full consideration of the current covid-19 pandemic, and with safety as a priority. The Etno-Espa event will be following the recommendations and directives from the Ministry of Education and Culture, as well as the general safety rules for the Espa Stage. The directives from the Ministry of Education and Culture and the Finnish Institute of Health and Welfare can be accessed through this link. The staff and performers of the concert series will follow the safety directions compiled specifically for them.
Please familiarise yourself in advance with our safety instructions below. The Etno-Espa staff will assist and advise audiences in observing the directions and creating a safe concert environment.
- You must not attend Etno-Espa if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or if you have reason to believe you may have been infected with Coronavirus. These restrictions apply to audiences, performers, and staff. The most effective way to prevent infections is to stay home at the slightest sign of symptoms.
- Social distancing of attendees will be implemented through limited attendance numbers and reconfigured audience areas.
- The audience capacity is limited to a number that enables safety distancing in the marked audience area. The maximum total number depends on the number of parties and individual concert-goers.
- The seated area is marked with posts. Parties (small groups) may sit together on the benches, but the safety distance to the next group must maintain. Behind the benches there is a restricted standing section. No standing in front of the benches or wheelchair spots. Wheelchair spots are available.
- Access control and safe distancing is supervised and enforced by security staff.
- Wearing face mask is recommended.
- Event attendees must practice good hand and coughing hygiene: it is recommended that hands are sanitized before entering and leaving the area, and we ask that you cough into a tissue or to your elbow. We ask that unnecessary shouting is minimised in the audience to prevent the dispersal of aerosolised droplets. Hand sanitiser will be available to spectators at the entrance to the area.
- At the conclusion of the event, audiences must leave the area in an orderly manner and practise safe distancing. Our security staff will assist in maintaining safe distancing upon exiting. We ask the audiences not to stay behind to meet performers in the immediate vicinity of the stage.
- Please follow our Facebook page after the event, in case there is a need for health authorities to trace possible infection chains.
These safety protocols will be updated and may change according to new directions and restrictions from the relevant authorities.